Security Guard License Nebraska requires its prospective security guards applying for license to:
1. Be 18 years old for unarmed guards; 21 years old for armed guards;
2. submit a correctly answered questionnaire
3. have a valid driver's license
4. have a State of Alabama Pistol License (for armed guards)
1. be legal residents of the United States and
2. not have been convicted in the State of Nebraska or in any other state or territory of the United States of any misdemeanor
involving child abuse or neglect or any felony.
3. be subject to a criminal background check.
4.The applicant shall submit the fee for a state and national criminal history check, in addition to the license fee, along with a full set of fingerprints to the commission when applying for a license.
The executive director shall submit the fingerprints and the fee for the criminal history check to the Nebraska State Patrol for a state and national criminal history record information check through the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The amount of training guards receive varies. Training requirements are higher for armed guards because their employers are legally responsible for any use of force. Armed guards receive formal training in areas such as weapons retention and laws covering the use of force.
Guards who carry weapons must be licensed by the appropriate government authority, and some receive further certification as special police officers, which allows them to make limited types of arrests while on duty. Armed guard positions have more stringent background checks and entry requirements than those of unarmed guards because of greater insurance liability risks. Compared to unarmed security guards, armed guards and special police typically enjoy higher earnings and benefits, greater job security, more advancement potential, and usually are given more training and responsibility.
Interested applicants may visit:
Secretary of State
State Capitol, Suite 2300
Lincoln, NE 68509
to learn more about Security Guard Requirements in the State of Nebraska